Naomi is a skilled trial advocate who is regularly instructed in Crown Court proceedings. She fiercely protects her client’s rights and is not afraid to go beyond the standard case preparation boundaries to ensure that her clients have proper access to justice.
Naomi has had particular success with young and vulnerable clients, and has secured acquittals in some difficult circumstances where a solicitor who isn’t prepared to go the extra mile would have failed.
- In November 2014 Naomi secured the unanimous acquittal of a client before Blackfriars Crown Court who was charged with numerous historic sexual offences, some of which dated back to the 1970s, allegedly committed against his ex-partner.
- In September 2013 she represented a client charged with sexual assault by penetration before Kingston Crown Court. The trial involved difficult cross-examination of the disabled complainant. The client was found Not Guilty of all charges, and Naomi won praise from the judge for her advocacy.
- Represented a client before Isleworth Crown Court charged with Grievous Bodily Harm. The client had been wrongly identified as the aggressor by the police and after being pursued by them had accidently fallen and seriously broken his leg which later had to be amputated. Following his remand to HMP Wormwood scrubs, Naomi went beyond the usual trial preparation and successfully argued that he should not be remanded on the custody wing. In doing so she uncovered valuable evidence that helped to establish that he was in fact the victim, and then made successful representations for his case to be dropped.
Naomi has worked in criminal defence in Hammersmith & Fulham since leaving school. She has worked in all aspects of case preparation. She regularly defends clients arrested for all types of criminal offence in the police station.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Higher Rights of Audience
- Accredited Duty Solicitor
- Accredited Police Station representative
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in 2004
- Legal Practice Course; University of West of England
- LLB; University of West London