Lansbury Worthington assists road transport companies facing UK Border Force civil penalties following the discovery of clandestine entrants in their vehicles.
If you face action by the UK Border Force following the discovery of clandestine entrants in your vehicles, please call our specialist lawyer without delay on 07550689694 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We are able to provide expert advice and assistance in each of the following areas:
- implementation of an effective system for the prevention of the carriage of clandestine entrants;
- preparation of responses to pre-decision letters from the UK Border Force;
- preparation of objections to the civil penalties imposed;
- preparation of appeals to the County Court against the civil penalties imposed; and
- preparation of applications for the UK Border Force’s Accreditation Scheme.
In order to avoid being fined, road transport companies are required to implement effective systems and secure their vehicles coming into the UK to prevent clandestine entrants.
A clandestine entrant is a person who hides in a vehicle to avoid going through UK border control and entering the UK illegally.
When road transport companies do not operate effective systems and they are found carrying clandestine entrants into the UK, both the company and the driver face a civil penalty of up to £2,000 for each clandestine entrant they carry.
The law applies to all arrivals into the UK, including from European sea ports and on the Eurotunnel Shuttle.