Our team of three lawyers, headed by Charles Worthington, has expertise in bringing civil claims for compensation both against the police and against the Court Services.
We have dealt recently with cases involving arrests on a previously cancelled arrest warrant, incorrect calculation of release dates and unlawful detention beyond the correct release date, and claims for ex-gratia payments following wrongful conviction. These cases can usually be conducted on a “no win-no fee” basis.
Contact us about:
- False imprisonment arising from wrongful arrest
- Wrongful execution of arrest warrants
- Detention in custody beyond release date
- Malicious prosecution
- Assaults whilst in detention
- Deaths in custody/inquests
- Wrongful convictions
- Complaints against police, including matters referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC).